Falls Lake Academy is a public charter school. We follow the same standards as the district public schools in North Carolina. The current standards adopted by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction are the Common Core State Standards in the areas of Math and English/Language Arts for grades Kindergarten- 12th Grade. North Carolina has adopted essential standards for the areas of English as a Second Language, Science, Social Studies, World Languages, Arts Education and Healthful Living.
Falls Lake Academy students are assessed according to NCDPI Accountability Standards. These assessments include:
- EOG Reading – Grades 3-8
- EOG Math – Grades 3-8
- EOG Science – Grades 5 and 8
- NCFE Science – Grades 6 and 7
- NCFE Social Studies – Grades 6-8
- EOC – Math I, Biology, and English II
- NCFE – English I, English II, English IV, Earth & Environmental Science, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, World History, Civics, American History I, American History II, Math II, Math III, Pre-calculus, and Advanced Functioning and Modeling
The students at Falls Lake Academy work closely with the surrounding community. We use field trips as an extension of learning from the classroom. We also invite community members to partner with us in the education of our students. This includes involvement in our students’ PBL projects.