Community Service & Family Volunteer Hours have been waived for the 2020-2021 school year.
HOURS IN THE COMMUNITY
The password changes yearly and may be obtained by contacting your PAA.
Students must complete hours of Community Service outside of the school to pass to the next grade. All student school-community service hours must be performed in a pre-approved school or community service event or activity within the window for the current school year which resets every June 1st.
*Check with your PAA for pre-approval. There are different hourly requirements based on the student’s grade level.
- K – 2: 5 Hours
- 3 – 5: 7 Hours
- 6 – 12: 10 Hours
- National Junior Honor Society (7th & 8th Grade): An additional 5 Hours
- National Honor Society (High School): An additional 5 Hours
Family service hours should total 10 to the school, regardless of their number of children.
Parent hours are per family and should total 10 each school year. These volunteer hours need to be time for/at the school. Other adults in the family may help fulfill this requirement. For example, grandparents may also contribute to family totals. If you have any questions please call the Falls Lake Academy Main Office.
This is a requirement.
Student Volunteer Ideas
If you have questions about the appropriateness of a volunteer opportunity, call the school.
- Participate in a charity walk or run.
- Volunteer at a local nonprofit.
- Organize a clothing drive.
- Host a fundraising event and donate the money.
- Teach classes for a skill you have.
- Clean up your local park or playground.
- Plant trees, flowers, or other plants for neighbors or organizations.
- Volunteer at your local library.
- Repair broken household items or appliances for neighbors.
- Write and send letters to soldiers and veterans.
- Adopt a stretch of highway and clean it regularly.
- Babysit for local families.
- Feed pets for neighbors when they go out of town.
- Participate in the Granville County Teen Court.
- Volunteer at Hope Reins.
- Make/pack meals to go to families with sick or hospitalized family members.
- Do yard-work for neighbors or community members in need.
- Volunteer for clean-up duty for after school activities.
- Use THIS link for more ideas.
School code: Falls Lake Volunteer
If you wish to work with students to fulfill your volunteer hours, you need to complete a Background Check. To complete a background check go to www.criminalbios.com. Make sure to establish an account, so that you are able to get a copy of your background and use code Falls Lake Volunteer. If you are law enforcement or military please contact our office before completing a background check. Background checks are good for 3 years.
MORE WAYS TO GIVE
Community Service Hours can be earned by assisting with hot lunch distribution. Watch for emails or click HERE for opportunities. We really appreciate your help!
If you would like to donate book(s), please check out the Book Donation Guidelines for acceptable books. Hint, pretty much anything published by Scholastic is acceptable, as are most other elementary-level books published by a legitimate children’s book publisher, or the children’s division of any legitimate, reputable publisher. Middle school books are a little trickier because there are so very many “young adult” books out there that a lot of middle school students read. Here’s where it is vital that you check out the Book Donation Guidelines.
All throughout the school year continue collecting your Box Top for Education labels. Each box top is worth 10¢. Be sure to check the expiration date when you clip them. Visit the website for a list of participating products and other ways to earn.
To support Falls Lake Academy when shopping at Amazon, visit smile.amazon.com and set your charity to Falls Lake Academy Inc. Then each time you shop, use the smile.amazon.com link to complete your shopping and each eligible purchase will generate a donation to our school.
When you link your VIC Card 2198 – FALLS LAKE ACADEMY and use it each time you shop, we receive a donation based on your purchases. * You will need to re-link your VIC Card every fall. Your donation will result in a quarterly payment to FLA that will be used to purchase supplies for our school.
To participate, enroll Falls Lake Academy on your Fresh Rewards card.
Just click here to get started with Coca-Cola Give. You’ll donate by signing in and choosing our school.
Note, schools are not authorized to have individual accounts so all donations must originate from individual Coke.com accounts.
Shoparoo is the most hassle-free school fundraiser around. Forget cutting labels or selling door to door to raise money for Falls Lake Academy. Shoparoo is a free app for iOS and Android phones that allows anyone to take pictures of their shopping receipts and earn cash donations for our school!