GOOD TO KNOW
‘CARPOOL’ is FLA speak for the kid(s) you bring to & from school whether this includes only your own or additional riders too.
The North Parking lot is by permit only. Visitors and parents parking for appointments or field trips must use the South Lot.
- Students may not be checked out within 30 minutes of the scheduled dismissal without permission from the director.
- Unless they are enrolled in FAST (our after-school program), or are legitimately involved in school-sponsored activities, or are part of an FLA sports team, students must be picked up no later than 30 minutes after dismissal for each school level respectively.
- Students wishing to watch after school games or performances MUST either arrange for staff supervision or go home and return at the event time. No students are permitted to be on school premises unattended at any time.
- Students should be picked up no later than 30 minutes passed their regular dismissal time unless they are attending tutoring.
- Parents of students dropped off before 7:15am or 30 minutes after their pick up time will be warned by mail; if too-early drop-off or too-late-pick-up continues, parents risk being referred to the Department of Social Services and/or law enforcement.
*Download the maps for Morning Carpool
- Middle and elementary students may arrive as early as 7:15 am.
- High school students may enter the HS building no earlier than 7:45.
HS students will not be allowed into the ES/MS building.
- Please follow the directions of the traffic team members during arrival and dismissal to keep traffic flowing and safe at all times.
- Please anticipate a line in the mornings and arrive on campus accordingly. Excessive carpool lines will not be an excuse for tardy students.
LATE ARRIVALS: Parents of Elementary school students MUST bring their child to check-in.
*Download the maps for Afternoon Carpool.
- To pick up your K-8th grade child(ren) in the afternoons, you will need a QR code to present in the pickup line.
- Contact your child’s PAA or the school for the password. It changes yearly.
EARLY CHECK OUT: Parents of Elementary and Middle school students MUST come into the office to check students out of school. High school students who drive can check themselves out, with prior parental permission.
IMPORTANT QR CODE INFO.
- The same code will be valid throughout your years at FLA. You may share it with any others that you send to collect your children at the end of the day.
- You can add your code to your digital device using an app such as Key Ring. However, since weather and lighting can affect the quality of the scanning process, it’s helpful if you also keep a paper copy with you daily. For safety purposes, you may dispose of the personal information on the paper. Just keep the number of the code in addition to the QR code itself.
- If you occasionally need to pick up additional children, please inform the staff member who comes to your car window of the extra passengers BEFORE they scan your code.
- There is no limit to the number of codes you may create for your convenience. If you have different groups of kids that you regularly pick up you may want to create codes for each group.
- If you occasionally forget your code, a staff member will take care of you.